Kuwait Financial Centre ‘Markaz’ was established in 1974, and has become one of the leading asset management and investment banking institutions in the Arab region. The company was listed on Boursa Kuwait (Formerly known as Kuwait Stock Exchange (KSE)) in 1997.
Markaz offers full-fledged services in asset management and investment banking. Asset management services offered by the company include Investment Advisory Services, GCC & International Investments and Private Equities. Investment Advisory Services offer Markaz clients tailor-made investment solutions to meet their financial objectives, supported by efficient employment of in-depth market due diligence and constant monitoring.
1) Markaz Graduates Development Program:
Markaz Graduate Development Program is established to allow fresh Kuwaiti graduates to gain positive work experience and skills at Markaz in a one year program. During this program, all trainees are given the opportunity to experience day-to-day tasks and responsibilities under the work scope of Markaz. Graduates will be rotating through all Markaz departments for a thorough overview, then are allocated to a department for an extended experience. Graduates’ will receive a mix of direct and online learning training throughout the program, alongside extracurricular activities.
- Kuwaiti fresh graduate holding a bachelor’s degree in any relevant business major from Kuwait University or any university authorized by the Kuwait Ministry of Higher Education.
- A minimum GPA of 2.7
- Subject to test and interview results.
- Graduates’ must be comfortable writing and reading in both Arabic and English.
2) Internship at Markaz:
As part of its corporate social responsibility Markaz has committed itself to providing an opportunity for students to utilize their academic classroom experience in a real-world setting by emerging them into a career experience and facilitate their transition into the workplace. The length of the internship will vary based on assignment and Markaz’ needs; however, the duration will be no less than four consecutive weeks and no longer than four-months.
Markaz will give priority to applicants whose internship is accounted for credit hours towards their study completion.
Markaz accepts interns from and outside of Kuwait; however, visa processing will have to be managed by the intern.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a four-year degree program, that is relevant to Markaz operational need, and have completed the third year of the curriculum with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8.
- Adequate level of English language.
- Internship request letter
- Valid Civil ID/ Passport